Friday, April 17, 2009

What is Love

By Jamie Redman

As a young girl,
I heard it
and my eyes widened.

The following day,
in the shower
I’d hum the magical tune.
I could hear
the great acoustics
surrounding me.

The next thing you know,
an intriguing song plays on the radio,
and I can’t help but sing along.
I sense a feeling of freedom
in my own far-off world.

I never thought
it’d come to be such a big part of
my future.

As I continued,
the sweet harmonies and melodies,
strong tempos and dynamics,
the lovely notes
weren’t an addiction anymore.

It was love.

The kind of love
a child has for their
very first teddy bear.
And though I wasn’t the best singer
I still pursued my love.

The impact
has been a tornado,
sucking me in but I
haven’t been afraid.
It has carried me,
through the
extensive and intense years

Music is mine.
What is love?

No comments: