Thursday, April 16, 2009

Loss

By Lillian Siegel

Emptiness.
That’s what I feel without you.
Loneliness.
That’s what I feel when you’re not with me.
Sadness.
That’s the feeling I have to face
When I know that you’re gone forever.

I’d rather feel anger
And blame you for abandoning me.
But deep down
I know that you didn’t choose to leave this earth.

You were such a life-lover.
You soaked in all that you could
And enjoyed every minute you had.
I never got anywhere near
The amount of time with you
That I wanted.

If I could change one thing
I’d bring you back.

I dream that you’re happy now
Enjoying the afterlife or whatever you do after you pass.
I hope you’re not suffering
As you were going through chemotherapy.

I just wanted to let you know
That I love you.
I still love you
And always will.
I cherish every moment we spent together
And even though you’re gone now
I’ll make my life continue.
I will.
For you.

No comments: