Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Confused Death

By Mikey Diekroeger
The wheels on my bike turned and turned as I kept pushing myself to pedal. Something felt unusual. The skies were as dark as the depths of the ocean floor, although it was around noon. The leaves of the trees were constantly being blown off its branches onto the un-paved path. It was the typical day where I felt like snuggling up in my bed and sipping hot chocolate to steam up my throat. I wanted to ride back to the market but I was already halfway to my cottage in the woods. As I kept on pedaling, the rain became colder and colder. Every drop chilled my legs to the point where it felt as if someone were rubbing ice on my leg. I wondered if the water on my leg would freeze into icicles.

Suddenly I saw a strange green light shimmering from above. My mind was confused like the leaves that were blown off the trees. Along with the shimmering light I noticed some sort of bird flying. It can't be a bird I thought to myself. As seconds passed by, it seemed as if it were transforming into a ship. But, what kind of ship would have a green light shining from its body? Then my thoughts were pulled back to together. It must be a UFO.

As it hovered down, I believed myself as I saw an alien walking out blended into the green light. His eyes were in the form of an antenna. The myths of humans dying when seeing sight of aliens flowed through my brain like liquid, but I didn't believe it. When his eyes met my eyes he suddenly fell and died like a redwood tree being chopped down. I had discovered that day what happens when an alien meets a human.

1 comment:

Janet said...

"The Confused Death" is an extraordinary work by this young and talented gentleman. I found it very descriptive and as I was reading I could easily visualize the happenings in the story. It kept my interest until the very last line! This young writer has a creative and unique imagination!
Janet